Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Obama Presidency Begins

Today Barack Obama embarks upon the office of the Presidency. I too feel a measure of pride that an American of African descent overcame all obstacles to reach the pinnacle of power. But, I cannot help but wonder if this would have been possible under normal, non-crisis circumstances.

Most Americans realize that Obama was the brightest, most talented individual to run for the office this past year. And it is for that reason, that pragmatism overrode ethnocentrism to permit Obama to win.

For sure, some bigots, rednecks, racists, and extremists voted for Obama. Their prospects, 401k's, jobs, etc. plunged with the economy as they did for mainstream Americans.

So I too wish Obama well. I hope that he is so successful, that this blog will no longer be necessary. I do remain a pessimist however, but we shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment